Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Graduation French Toast Recipe

I've been very busy lately. It seems to always happen this time of year. This past week has been no exception, except for today. Today I've been extremely laid back, just taking it easy, enjoying the rain and the opportunity to just relax. Yes, I made my bed. I even made Turkey & Dumplings, and a batch of brownies. I love the aroma of brownies baking!

Yesterday my sister Pam graduated from Weber State. Mom and I went up to support her. Congratulations Pam! We are proud of you! In honor of you, here is a favorite recipe of yours:

Mom's French Toast
Beat 1 egg in a bowl. Add 1/4 cup milk. Mix together. Add a dash of cinnamon if desired. Dip a slice of bread quickly on both sides in egg mix and fry in hot fry pan that has been lightly greased.

That's it. So simple. I like mine with lots of butter and maple syrup, a glass of orange juice and some bacon or ham on the side. Yum-O! What a breakfast...or dinner even. Mom's syrup is easy too. In a small saucepan combine 1 cup sugar, 1 water and 1 Tbsp maple flavoring. Bring to a boil until sugar is dissolved. Store leftover syrup in the fridge.

Oh, some delicious variations on the French Toast includes cinnamon chip bread, raisin bread, and Texas toast.

Well, I'm going to go have a glass of milk and a brownie. Love to all. Thanks for all your posts!

1 comment:

  1. p.s. Pam, I will post some pictures soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete