Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life should be simple...shouldn't it?

Simple Cornbread
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/4 cup cooking oil

Mix all ingredients until well-blended. Pour into a greased 8X8" square pan. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes, until light golden color. Knife inserted in center will come out clean. Recipe may be doubled and baked in a 9X13" pan. Excellent with soup, stew, or chili.

Well, there you go. A simple recipe. I wish my life were as simple as that. It's not. Okay, in all honesty, I know that no one's life is simple. That's not what life is about. Sometimes however, life is enough to drive me crazy. I have a good life. I really shouldn't complain. So I guess I won't. However, that leaves me with not much to say today. So I guess that's all tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment