Here is a simple recipe that anyone can make...a no-bake cheesecake. I got in the mood while attending my friend Amy's wedding this weekend. The wedding reception was beautiful. The refreshments were incredibly delicious (including the mini cheesecakes). It was very Amy...from the photo booth in the foyer, to the wedding cake she made out of rice crispy treats. The reception was like a family reunion for me. I got to see many friends since Amy and I both worked at the same school, and faculty is like family. Amy and I were also in the same ward, not to mention that we were roommates! I loved catching up with everyone, but especially my dear friend Shari. I miss her tons! We were teammates, both teaching 3rd grade. Shari was always there for me. She still is and I really appreciate knowing that. Love you Shari!
Easy No-Bake Cheesecake
1 8 oz pkg. cream cheese (I used the lowfat version)
1/3 c. sugar
1 12 oz carton of Cool Whip, thawed (I used lite)
1 graham cracker crust
Bring the cream cheese to room temperature. Mix in the 1/3 c. sugar. When thoroughly mixed, add the whipped topping and fold in just until combined. Spoon filling into pie crust and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Top with your favorite fruit filling and a dollop of whip cream.
The machine hasn't been invented that could make me say no to cheesecake. I'd eat cheesecake with a spoon, and i'd eat cheesecake on the moon at noon, mountain standard time. Sorry. I've got a cold and i'm loopy on some of that cold medicine they sell in the store. I actually thought I saw the cat in the hat earlier but it was just my cat laying down close to my hat. But it's enough to make me wonder where i'm at. You can delete this comment if necessary. No way that's the right way to spell that. Is it?
ReplyDeleteFor you chocoholics out there....try this! I made the no bake easy cheesecake with chocolate cool whip. Before I spread it in the pie crust (you could use a chocolate one!), I warmed up some Hot Fudge sauce, and spread it over the top of the pie crust. Then I topped it with the cheesecake filling. I had mine with a spoonful of raspberry jam. The other choice we had was cherries. And of course, a dollop of whipped topping. Delish!
ReplyDeleteTried this again, only this time I included strawberries and a touch of strawberry jam! Gotta love cheesecake!
ReplyDelete