Well,
Another Valentine's Day has come and almost gone. Tonight I want to share a recipe from my dear friend Amy, celebrating her first Valentine's day with her husband. This recipe is one I tried over the summer when I was spending some time with Amy. It is a veggie dip...very healthy and yummy.
Amy's Veggie Dip
1 red onion
1 zucchini
1 Tbsp. olive oil
Slice veggies. Coat with olive oil. Lightly salt veggies. Spread on cookie sheet lined with tin foil. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. Let cool completely. Chop veggies in food processor. Mix with 8 oz. cream cheese. Can add tomatoes or parsley.
Good on veggies, crackers, wraps, crescent rolls, or even sandwiches.
I really need to try this again. See how it turns out when I make it.
SO, this week has been crazy. Not only was it Valentines, which in elementary school is insane enough (although I did get lots of valentines and candy), but we had parent teacher conferences as well. Because of PTC, the class parties were on Wednesday afternoon, then the students came on Thursday (all full of sugar & hyper), just for the morning. At noon, school let out. At 1pm the parents started coming. I didn't get home until 8:30pm, in the middle of a snowstorm. Then, on Friday, parents started coming at 8:30. I still have four to meet with next week because they couldn't come for their scheduled time. Thank goodness they only come twice a year!
Today it snowed again, but by afternoon it had stopped. We are supposed to be getting more on Monday/Tuesday. I am a little blue, because I wanted to go to Idaho to see Addison and be there for her blessing tomorrow. With storms on both of my travel days, I decided maybe it would be best to stay home. Sorry Tyler and Lydia! Wish I could be there. Post some pictures, okay?
Well, I'd better call this good for tonight. Love to you all.
Aunt Nora
ReplyDeleteWe would have loved to see you, but we are glad you didn't try to travel in the snow storms. Sorry PTC was so crazy. Doing this practicum is giving me a greater appreciation for school teachers. I taught a lesson on the heart just in time for Valentines day and we made real heart shaped Valentines. It turned out pretty good. Anyways I love you lots,
Hilary
We're sorry you couldn't come too, but we think it was probably a good decision. The trip is long when the roads are good...when they are snowy, it makes for a really long, stressful trip. But, I have to say, you'll love meeting Addison. She's very sweet, very cuddly, and happy.
ReplyDeleteHang in there...spring is coming! (I hope!)
Love ya!
Kathy