Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jim Bob the Farmer's German eggs



























So, I love Facebook. I get to keep in touch with family and friends. Plus there are some fun applications. Many I don't like. One is my absolute favorite! I am addicted to Farm Town! Farm Town is the best! I spend a little time each night working my crops, rearranging the layout, and saving for my barn. I am almost at the level to unlock the barn for purchase, but I have to earn a lot more money to be able to purchase it. Several family members and friends are also farming, but my brother "Jim Bob" has also spent a lot of time on his and I have been working hard to catch up to his level. Today I finally did! However, he has a silo and a windmill, while I don't. I could work toward one of them, but I want a barn! I love the animals on Farm Town, especially the pig. They do not offer much of a profit, but I think they are worth having.
In honor of "Jim Bob" I am going to share a recipe he loves.

Jim Bob's German Pancakes
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1/2 cube butter
1 tsp. salt
Mix all together except butter. Place butter in an oven safe pan (I use 2 pie plates) and place in oven to melt. When butter is melted, pour egg mixture over butter and bake 10-15 minutes. Pancake should puff up all over the pan. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!


Love you "Jim Bob". Send me a cow, would you? Thanks. See you on Farm Town!

3 comments:

  1. Did you leave out the milk?! I tried your recipe- and no puff. It was like an old sponge. All the other recipes I looked at after it didn't work had a cup of milk... No puff was so sad!
    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    You are so right! There should be 1 cup of milk in the above recipe. I am so sorry! No puffing is very sad indeed. Hope you didn't give up on the recipe. It is good, even if I make mistakes. Miss you tons. Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here is the corrected recipe:
    German Pancakes:
    6 eggs
    1 cup flour
    1 cup milk
    1 tsp. salt
    1/2 cube butter (1/4 cup)
    Mix all together except butter. Place butter in pan to melt in oven while mixing other ingredients. Pour mixture over butter and bake 10-15 minutes. Pancake should puff up all over the pan, and be a nice golden color. I use 2 pie plates and sprinkle my german pancakes with powdered sugar. Hope this one works!

    ReplyDelete