Hello everyone. I imagine you think that I have forgotten about my blog by now. Well, that's not the case. I still check the blogs regularly. Life has just been kinda crazy around here. In fact, it was so crazy, I made almost none of the regular Christmas treats that I normally make. I did help the family make Six-Month Fudge, and Mom and I made fruitcake as a demonstration at our Souper Thursday craft night, but that was about it for me and the treat-making this year. Thank goodness for friends, neighbors, and my students! We didn't go without, that's for sure. I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas and that you were able to feel the spirit of the season. Today's recipes are two of my favorite Christmas treats: Six-Month Fudge, and my friend Stephanie's awesome treat Sugar Crack. Let me warn you though...it is addicting! I'm going to call it good for today and go get my hair cut. Love to you all. Keep posting!
Stephanie's Sugar Crack:
3 cubes butter
2 c. sugar
2 c. corn syrup
Mix the above ingredients together in a saucepan on about med. heat. Boil for 3 min. Take off the heat and add 1/2 t. vanilla.
In a large bowl, add 1 large box of Rice Chex, 1 large box of Golden Grahams, and 1 c. sliced almonds. Pour the syrup over the cereal mixture, and mix until well coated. Let it cool slightly, then add 1 bag of white choc. chips. Mix well again. Enjoy!
Six Month Fudge:
Mix in a 4 qt pan: 1 lb Hershey's milk chocolate bar broken into small chunks.
16 oz. chocolate chips
1 pt. marshmallow creme
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. nuts (if desired)
In another pan (at least 4 qts)
Mix 4 1/2 c. sugar and 1 can evaporated milk. Boil for 4 1/2 minutes after reaching a rolling boil. Pour over previous mixture and stir until creamy. Pour immediately into a pan lined with a thin film of butter. Let sit overnight before cutting. Caution: Do Not Use a plastic spoon or bowl.
No comments:
Post a Comment