Hi there! It has been a while...okay, okay! I know. It has been a LONG time. Can you forgive me? I hope so. I have missed you while I have been gone. Since it has been a while, I decided to change the look of my blog. What do you think? Is everything readable? I have a hard time when I go to read a blog and I can't because the font & background don't have enough contrast. I'd appreciate your input, and will make adjustments as needed.
Summer is here in full force. I have not been making much in the oven. My crockpot and I are becoming very close. I even used my waffle iron the other day as I wanted cornbread, but did not want to heat the oven. So I made cornbread waffles and it actually worked! I was surprised! I have also been wanting salads. I made my oriental chicken salad last week, using chicken I cooked in my crockpot and a bag of coleslaw mix. Today I found a recipe for a grape salad we were served at a PTA dinner. I loved it. So, I am going to share the recipe with you. I also am sharing a recipe for Paula Deen's House Seasoning. I keep some in a salt shaker on my stove. I use it quite regularly, like when I made scrambled eggs this morning for breakfast. It makes a lot. I usually cut the recipe in half, then store the extra in a jar. However, I am giving you the full recipe.
Hope all is well in your world. Love & miss you tons.
Check back soon. I will post again!
Love,
Nora
Grape Salad
4-5 lbs grapes, washed (any color, we had red)
1 8oz sour cream
2 8oz cream cheese
10 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
Mix last four ingredients. Add grapes to the mix. Can add chopped pecans just before serving.
(I didn't say it was healthy, just good!)
Paula Deen's House Seasoning
1 c. salt
1/4 c. black pepper
1/4 c. garlic powder (NOT SALT)
Mix and store in airtight container.
So, I decided to make dinner after posting, and what did I do? I made a chicken casserole in my oven! Funny, huh? It is a super-easy dish, and since it is not too hot today, I went for it. So, you get a bonus recipe today!
ReplyDeleteChicken Casserole
Grease a 8x10 casserole dish with Pam cooking spray. Chop 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts. Spread 1 can cream of chicken soup over the top of the chicken. Put 1-2 cups shredded cheese on top. (I also chopped up 2 stalks of celery finely chopped & put on the cheese, but not original to the recipe). Top with 1-2 cups Stovetop stuffing mix. Pour 1/2 c. water on top. (I usually just fill the soup can). Top with tin foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-45 min. Remove foil last 10 minutes.